Monday, August 8, 2011

10 weeks

We had her 2 month dr appt today... and yes, I realize we are a little late... perhaps it was knowing that I was making an appt for shots that made me delay...

She is 22inches & 11.8lbs ( about 2 lbs more than she was 5 weeks ago).. definitely a growing girl! ha

She got all her shots and 1 liquid medicine by mouth... talk about hurting my heart. I hated watching her eyes get big and scream while they poked her 3 times :( I cried, too. I know it's better in the long run, but I hate watching my baby go through pain. We went straight to the drug store and got some baby pain reliever and she's been sleeping on mommy's lap ever since. We don't go back for another 2 months! yay!

They said we can feed her water or mild juice on hot days if we want. And at 4 months, we can go to rice cereal, or wait until 6 months. Breastfeeding has gotten A LOT better. No pain and being on a schedule has helped. She goes about 3hrs in between feedings, and i've learned that eating MORE does NOT mean she can go longer in between... she will spit it up if she overfeeds.

I still have a hard time leaving her, and I know a lot of first-times moms that don't, but I've let daddy keep her while I run to a photography gig and occasionally I'll let her grandma's watch her if i'll be gone only a little while. I still hate every second I'm away. I have gotten to know her so well, that I can decipher what she needs pretty quickly, so she doesn't cry much with me. After all, I do have the boobies haha.

Yesterday, July, 29 she found her thumb! ha... she's only found it a couple times, but she spends lots of time trying.

She rolled from her stomach to her back a couple times one day... but it's not a regular thing, and she can't roll from her back to her stomach at all yet.

She upgraded from newborn diapers to size one this month and has now outgrown her newborn clothes. But that's okay... we took a trip with sarah and baby bryleigh to the tot trade consignment show and got plenty more :)

I'm a little behind on posting..oops! But i'll try to be better on getting updates up!

No comments:

Post a Comment