Friday, April 18, 2014

Passover day 2014

Passover was a time to celebrate the freedom from slavery and bondage. The Israelites put lambs blood over the doorway and the angel of death passed over. There are two things I think about every Easter- death and life. This past Sunday we had a lady speak on the deliverance part of the story and the overwhelming reoccurrence of God restoring-making new out of old, life out of death, beauty out of ashes. 

It's so true how our human minds don't compare to God's. Our ways are not his ways. We can never look at a barren woman and say no child will come from her. We can't look at a woman selling her body and say she will never be free. We can never look at someone so dead in their life, so numb to affection and say they will never have worth.

I think about this Passover and how much I have been delivered. At the end of high school, I would have given up hope on me. The devil had me chasing temporary feel-goods, living in the moment and living for myself. I'm thankful that he turned my life around. I'm thankful that He loved me without conditions. He pursued me in spite of how much I had hurt him. He never forced me to say sorry or condemned me as unuseable. He picked up my ashes and told me I was made for a purpose. I gave him control. Stopped running from Him, stopped hiding all my secrets. The Lamb that shed his blood for me also put the blood over the doorway of my heart. The death angel passed over me. I was led out of bondage. I was set free.

A baby born in a manager would be our Savior. A man riding on a donkey would be our King. A dead man in a tomb would be raised to life. What will God do in your life? What has he already done that we can thank Him for this Easter? 

No comments:

Post a Comment