Tuesday, November 29, 2011

6 months!

Kinsley had her 6 month appt yesterday and here are her stats:

Weight: 17.8lbs (75%)
Height: 25 1/2 inches (50%)
Head Circumference: 41cm (25%)

They said breastfed babies gain most of their weight in the first 6 months so she should be leveling off in the next 6 months.

Foodwise we can add green veggies then meat then juice and egg yolks... not sure what they mean by egg yolk...Pretty sure i'll skip that one. I'm still nursing, so all of our food introductions have mainly been for practice and a good extra meal before bed. I hope to continue nursing for a while but we'll see if that changes once she gets teeth. Teeth are expected around 9 months, though her gums are a little swollen now.

She got 2 scheduled shots plus a flu shot... we go back in a month to get the second dose of the flu shot and a hepB. 9 month appt will not have shots- thank goodness! She does much better at them though now. I pick her up as soon as they're over and love on her and try to "get her sugar" and she laughs almost instantly. So that's a good feeling. She gets some tylenol and then sleeps a lot.

Daddy is switching jobs, so he was at home for a week and a half in between. He and Kinsley got a good bit of bonding time and it was so sweet to see. He was lots of help watching Kins while I worked, and cleaned up the house when I was busy with her. He is more than I could ask for! He is in New Jersey this week for training so it's a busy week for both of us!

We got some photos done by Lauren Cardwell ( a friend that I've known since elementary school) for Kinsley's 6 month birthday. I have so many photos, but I never get to be in them, so I was super siked to get a photo sesh for the whole fam to be in! She just posted a sneak peek and I LOVE them! Photos are one of the most amazing gifts that last. Thank you Lauren! We'll post some as soon as we get the disc and will be sending out christmas cards :)


No comments:

Post a Comment