Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Thankful

Today was a great day...

My mother-in-law watched Kinsley while I had my last photosession before maternity leave. I came home to a clean home, dishes put away, and a happy girl with painted nails and toes.

I wake up from a nap, and Aunt Donna has left Panera bagels (including cinnamon crunch-my fave!) with homemade pumpkin curd on my door step!!

I am thankful for my husband who works really hard for his family. I am thankful for the way he comes home and gives us hugs and kisses. He puts the garbage at the road and brings it up. I love hearing him pray before dinner every night and holding our hands and giving us kisses at then end. He cleans up after dinner. He plays chase with Kinsley and flies her up the stairs. He gives her baths and reads her books in her bed so mommy can get some work done or just lay down for a bit. I love the sound of them laughing together. I love watching him love on her even when sometimes all she wants is mom. I love that he wants to buy her the world. Not a lot of girls have a daddy like that-- in fact most don't. Most don't have husbands like him either. I'm SO lucky and I'm SO thankful to have him in my life.

I'm thankful that my first born is healthy. I'm thankful that so far the 2nd one is too. I take that for granted. I'm thankful for a good pregnancy and that I really don't have anything to complain about. It was hard with a toddler, but I love Kinsley SO much it is so ridiculous I am about to love twice as much!

I'm thankful for family that is ready for this baby to come and remind me to call them at the start of anything (as if I would forget.) I love that family is willing to come over and watch Kinsley here, clean, and make food. I am thankful for friends that are on standby for any needs even though they have a million other things going on. I'm thankful that my dad took a job based on their flexibility with letting him fly home at a moments notice to meet his 2nd grand baby. I'm thankful that #2 is just as important and exciting as #1 to everyone.

I'm thankful for jobs I love that give me the flexibility of taking maternity leave and spending much needed time with my family.

I am thankful for so many things and I thought I would share.

1 comment:

  1. what a great reminder of things that i so often take for granted! can't wait to meet baby maclaren!

    ReplyDelete