Thursday, April 21, 2011

37 weeks!

So, last week I started my weekly doctor appts. I had my Strep B test (which is sooo much better than a papsmear for those of you preggers who still have to get one) and they checked to see if I had already dropped, effacement, and dilation.. I had dropped, 50% effaced and no dilation. They also shut down my idea of elective induction (unless a health problem arose) but they said since she's already so far down there I may go early on my own. Either way, whatever's best for baby!



I went to my 37 week appt yesterday, expecting to be checked again on effacement and dilation, but no luck. I knew the stories that people can have no dilation and go into labor the next day, and those who are dilated for weeks but don't go into labor.. but I thought I'd at LEAST get an update to gauge the changes.. ugh.

I know I'm having Braxton Hicks, but I honestly feel like my uterus is so tight all the time that I can never tell if I'm having a lot or a little. I definitely having been having back pain from sitting too long, sciatic nerve pain, and other pain from ligaments stretching and making room for this now WATERMELON.


She's full term, but she obviously likes living in my uterus... so far the elliptical, a trip to ikea, walking 3 hrs at the mall, organizing the fridge, mowing the lawn, and red raspberry leaf tea have not sent me into labor. Gray's just hoping she'll come before our childbirth classes start so we don't have to go haha. Either way, the count down is on!

Mom and I went shopping today and I'm pretty sure I can say I have the prettiest nursing bra ever.. thank you momma! ha Not to mention I've been wearing my pre-labor bras, and apparently it makes a BIG difference putting on a new one when you've gone up 3 or 4 sizes and had no idea. No wonder I couldn't breathe lol.

We can't wait to meet our little babe! 

Here's the bump at 37 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment