Thursday, April 28, 2011

Week 38

I am MORE than ready for this baby to be out of my belly. If I wasn't liking pregnancy much with a pretty normal and happy pregnancy, I am definitely not liking it now.

I can't get comfortable. Shoes- flats, tennis shoes, wedges, heels... all tend to hurt my feet and they're not even swollen! I think it's because of the increasing unbalanced belly weighing awkwardly on different parts of my feet. The love of my life has been the heating pad MawMaw Porter lent me.

At night I can barely breathe when I'm lying on my back or perched up to watch tv... I feel like my lungs and heart are being squeezed. Today I found out that they are. Apparently we have a very long baby.. not quite sure where she gets the tall gene... perhaps my Granddaddy Boone or MawMaw Porter. Maybe she'll get the skinny gene too and we'll have a little model on our hands haha. Her head is way down but her feet are way up in my ribs and she's run out of room. The Dr. said luckily she's running out of time too.
I love these cartoons.  Especially this one:



I wish I could just skype my Dr. on these weekly appointments. They are so unnecessary. Wish we could skype into the Child Birth classes too since I don't think we're going to make it to one. 

We did get the last few things on our list this week... plus a few extras :). Mom got me a breast pump so I'll be figuring out that sucker (literally haha) when it comes in. I also got a diaper genie with some of my gift cards, a baby towel, more cute clothes and bathing suit, and pink closet organizing tabs that have which size starts where... oh and some disposable changing pads or cloths to keep from having to wash our velour changing pad so often and also for carseats or anywhere else a mess could occur. 

Now, all that I have my eye on for her is that moby wrap, or even one of the really cute ones made on etsy. I finally watched the video on how to work it.. because I was a little skeptical if I could hook her in there by myself or how that would work. It definitely looks like the perfect thing for stingy moms like I know I'll be haha. 

I don't have any of the signs of labor... no mucous plug, no broken water, no painful contractions, no blood, no colostrum... so for now it seems like she's content to stay. This week, I tried the stairmaster, warm baths, spicy food, cleaning the shower, "time" with hubby :), walking, and trying to let gravity pull her out but no luck. I may just crawl in my bed and sleep until she comes.

It's a pretty sore subject when it comes to those who are determined to tell me the reality of babies coming late, but please let me just stay in my happy place of thinking mine will come sooner than later. I have been praying really hard to let that bitterness go, but I'm sorry if I take offense to the "late" comments... I'm just so emotional when it comes to feeling like no one cares how I feel when I'm bigger than I've ever been, moodier than I've ever been, more uncomfortable than I've ever been and the only thing that will change that is birth. Maybe she'll come on my birthday? If not, you'll definitely know what I'm wishing for when I blow those candles out! haha


Here's the bump at Week 38:


And here's some of the photos my dad took and BPosh edited for our mini maternity session:






No comments:

Post a Comment