Saturday, August 24, 2013

30 weeks

30 weeks

total weight gain +28 lbs, 137lbs

I cringe looking at that number on the scale. I feel like my stomach is SO large. I love being comfortable. Mornings are best for getting things done and being out and about. Come 8:30pm I am guaranteed in my comfy jammies and possibly already lying down.

Going from laying down to getting up is a task and definitely requires rolling to one side now. My muscles are so sore. No swelling yet.

So I failed my 50mg glucose test and they called me back in for the 3 hour one. I cried when they told me the news. I pride myself on my health and I take joy in never having anything wrong. I felt like a failure. I eat pretty healthy and sweets are my only downfall. I'm going to be so sad if I get diagnosed with gestational diabetes for the last 10 weeks!

They take your blood when you arrive (after not eating or drinking) then give you 100mg of that disgusting drink. When you are used to drinking water, it tasted like alcohol by the time I was through. Then you wait another hour and they take your blood again every hour for 3 hours... a total of 4 times (9am, 10am, 11am, and noon).

The first hour was the worst by far. I almost fainted in the waiting room... sounds started getting muffled, I felt a sweat coming, and my eyes started getting dark. I fanned myself with my journal and prayed to hang on in fear of having to come in again and start over. I moved to the couch, laid down and propped my feet up. Yes, I was that patient.

School starts next monday! I found some GREAT maternity buys this week and Gap was having a 40% sale online. I tried some things on at south park and then ordered them for the discount. Hubs gave me a little back to school shopping money. We can't wear leggings to school so that nixed my go to outfit for everyday wear. I have one pair of red maternity pants and a light stone colored jean (previously pictured) but I'm there 4 days a week so it's nice to have some options! I have a hair appt Friday too so I am excited to have a little beauty day.

I got my results back from the 2nd glucose test and praise the Lord i PASSED!! The said "eat whatever you want, not even close." whew-hew!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment