Friday, May 13, 2011

40+1 day overdue

UGHHHHHHHHHH..... still preggers... If it weren't for all the BIG, HUGE things coming up in the next week or 2 (job interviews, gigs, my SISTER's wedding and events, etc) I wouldn't be SO down about still having her in my tummy. For someone who wanted to have an elective induction at 38 weeks- this overdueness sucks.

It's also sad to see thebump.com is now counting down til my daughter's first bday... 364.. when I still have yet to give birth. haha.

BUT I definitely shouldn't be complaining.. I have no swelling, no cravings, no sickness, no leakage, I can still move around and do stuff, I'm sleeping like 10 hours a night (tho I'm now a late nighter and a late sleeper), and whenever I have pain, the heating pad works wonders. I admit, for being 40+ weeks, I'm really doing pretty well and I'm definitely thankful.

The night before my due date, I had a rush of really bad contractions, lasting about 10min with no break inbetween. I had chills and was sweating and I had no idea what to do. We know to call when they're 5 min apart, but I felt no break inbetween and wasn't sure what that meant. I knew I could NOT go to the hospital looking like I did, so I jumped in the shower trying to wash my hair and have the heat soothe the pain. They got worse and I was so hot I couldn't even THINK of blowdrying my hair. I stuck my body in the fridge, had Gray rub where the cramps started in my back and got the heating pad in the microwave. Laying down made them worse, but walking wouldn't make them go away. I was excited that SOMETHING was happening. BUT then the heating pad started making them feel less and less painful and finally went away. I thought maybe that night we'd wake up to my water breaking or the real thing, but no luck.

I had my 40 week check up on Thursday, only about a pinky finger dilated and still 50% effaced (though I don't think he even checked) and baby is still doing great. blood pressure, great. heart rate, great. Really can't complain about good health. They are still so surprised I can get up from the table on my own ha. The internal exam hurt a lot this time.

We set a date for an induction on May 20th. I'll go thursday afternoon for another internal exam, and if i'm less than 3cm dilated, i'll head over to labor and delivery for the night. If I'm on the labor track, they'll send me home and i'll come back the next morning.

HOPEFULLY, she'll come before then, but I'm just so happy to see the end. At worst, I'll be waiting another week to meet our little doll baby, and these weeks have been flying by to be quite honest.

Here's the bump/ undeniable pregnant belly (as Gray likes to call it) at 40+1.



No comments:

Post a Comment