Monday, May 16, 2011

Maternity Splurges

What to Buy (things that made pregnancy BETTER)
Worth the Splurge:
- heidi klum maternity skinny jeans from a pea in a pod- i wore these the whole pregnancy and loved them. They are the only bottoms I bought!
- 1 long tank top (luckily I had one and it fit throughout), but it's perfect to keep your belly from sticking out the bottom of your not-so-long other shirts. You could also get a belly band, that you wear over your pre-maternity pants, so you don't have to button them.
- mama mio belly butter- it's $30 a jar, but one time I got 3 jars for $30 on amazon by accident. I'm on my 5th jar, so go easy. It's smells and feels so good (so much better than baby oil) and I'm stretchmark free.
- spray tan membership- every girl wants to feel pretty... especially during pregnancy. I went once every week or 2 and it always lifted my spirits from the pregnant uglies.
- gym membership... even if you just get a $10/month planet fitness membership, working out has definitely made me feel better, kept the weight gain down, and I had no swelling. I like taking my headphones and heart-rate monitor and do the elliptical just for 30mins while watching a show, then doing some arm weights. It sucks not seeing a "result," but just don't think about it and just know it'll be easier to get back into it after.
- a Bra that fits your growing boob- I didn't get one until a week before my due date and that was waiting WAY too long... when you grow from a B to a DD, you may not even notice since you don't get measure that often, but definitely go get re-sized 3rd trimester and find one that makes you feel so comfortable/ like the angels are singing. A front closing one would be best so you can wear it everyday and when you start breastfeeding, you won't have to take off your whole bra.
- Go PART TIME or don't work (at least the last trimester)... luckily my job allowed the flexibility to work at home and I was able to eat/pee/relax/ sleep when I wanted.. that was such a luxury. I think that's been a reason why I didn't have swelling since I was confined to sitting or standing all day. Not to mention the flexibility with getting to my doctor's appointments every week, eating better, and getting to the gym.

Splurge if you can:
- Massage at Destination Maternity's Edamame Spa- soooo fantastic... I did the 30min mama mio massage and it was the best thing ever... and I normally don't really like massages. She is trained to work specifically on pregnant women, so she knows all the right places. They also have a groove where your belly fits to lay on your stomach.
- FOAM mattress- I had a 3-4 inch foam topper that allowed me to sleep on my stomach the whole pregnancy.. I didn't buy it FOR pregnancy, but it was definitely a wonderful thing to have, especially towards the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment