Sunday, May 29, 2011

Week 1

Sunday- Shuggy brought Foxy home and dinner over. We were so ready to get to our house and show Kinsley her room, bassinet, and the rest of the house. Foxy was just so happy to see us, she didn't even care about the baby.

Monday- My mom came over and after a long night of being up, all i wanted to do was sleep. Foxy would bark everytime the baby cried. She brought a yummy meal and dessert. Breastfeeding was becoming more and more painful. I thought I was gonna die.

Tuesday- My mom came over again and brought me a starbucks. Foxy learned the baby crying was fixed when mommy took her in the nursery, so she would follow me and lay down on the rug while I fed Kinsley. I had a better night but I couldn't take a nap because we were off to Kinsley's 1st dr. appt.  I realized leaving the house will now take a lot longer. Everything went well at the appt but they had to draw blood from her heel... Kinsley did great.. but I cried. I hated that someone had to hurt my little girl... even if it was just a tiny prick. We went to eat lunch out for the first time, Kinsley slept the entire time. Mom offered to sit in the car while I went tanning (not spray, finally) for the very first time and that felt amazing! ahhh! I couldn't wait to get back to the car to check on my baby though. Mom made another meal and I took a nap.

Wednesday- My mother-in-law came over and I took a little nap- I had like no sleep the night before. The hospital won't let new moms drive for 2 weeks, so it was super nice that mother-in-law took me to my hair cut appt for my sis's wedding and sat with baby K while she slept. We got lunch afterward and just enjoyed the day with baby.

Thursday- I slept wonderfully! Kinsley got into a good schedule of diaper change and feeding every 3-4 hrs. That let me get a whole 7hrs of sleep! I felt so refreshed. My mother-in-law picked us up for the lactation appt at 2pm. Baby drank a whole 4 oz (which left my boobs feeling relieved). The lady said she would have been happy with 2oz! ha She taught me better ways of nursing so that it didn't hurt so much. That night we got ready and headed to Beth's rehearsal dinner. That was another learning experience of how long it takes to get out the door. We still managed to get there early. Baby K slept the whole time, but we had to leave early because it was way past time for her next feeding sesh.

Friday- I slept another 7 great hours.. and thank goodness, because today was Bethany's wedding! We woke up and went to Southpark mall for Kinsley's first time shopping. We rushed to get ready and made it to the park just in time. Thank God for feeling good and a dress that fit. The wedding was beautiful, the weather wasn't too hot, we kept Baby out of the rain, and she slept the whole time.. until pictures. Right after photos, we had to rush to the car for a feeding sesh, but we could see the rest of the wedding from being parked at the top of the hill. We wished Caleb and Beth farewell as the drove past us and got home to get back to bed.

PHEW! What a week! All of this and Kinsley less than a week old. I couldn't wait to just settle in- just Gray, Baby, Foxy and I and chill. And hopefully that's what we will be doing for week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment