Tuesday, June 14, 2011

3weeks, 4days

I can't believe we are on the verge of our baby being a month old! CRAZY how fast time is flying!
I think she laughed for the first time this week. Gray and I have both had the opportunity of hearing it at separate times. I absolutely love when she smiles, it makes me smile. She has also started grabbing my hair.. not pulling it, but just holding on... with both hands sometimes. We've both also had the opportunity of also witnessing big boogies. I got the blue thing out today after one, but it eventually blew out on it's own. Sometimes she smiles after she goes to the bathroom or a boogie comes out.. I think she finds it funny that WE have to clean it up ha. 

We ran out of diapers for the first time. I took Kinsley in Target just carrying her in my arm to grab some more. It was a hot day and she had already fussed in the post office. Girl after my own heart in hating the post office... luckily the line was short. 

The diaper rash is gone thanks to using pampers swaddlers for newborns and pampers soft wipes. 

We had people over last thursday night to meet Kinsley for the first time. She let a couple people hold her before begging for mommy to feed her (even though I fed her twice right before guests came) though I think she mainly wanted comfort. She also got some cute gifts!

We had a great time in Raleigh this weekend. She slept the whole way in the car both there and back. Shuggy got her an adorable cake with little booties on top... it was delish! She also got to be held by Grammy, Aunt Lauri, Aunt Barbara, Aunt Claudine, Nana and Papa for the very first time! She slept great, too!

We are finally getting on a better sleep schedule. I think she is becoming more active in the day, which helps... even though she is sleeping in my lap as we speak! haha. I fed her at 10pm, not again til 3am, and then 6am before we finally got up at 9. I've realized not to rush the feeding process... the goal is NOT to get her back to sleep, but to get her FULL. That makes me have to get up less. 

I almost feel as though she'll walk before she crawls... she's got some powerful legs on her! She also lifts her head up a lot. Her eyes will lock with yours. Once, she followed me from one side of the room to the other. She's so advanced :) haha. 

Wondering who she looks like? Here are my and Gray's baby pictures paired with Kinsley's.... 

Newborn photos: Brittany, Kinsley, Gray


 Gray, Kinsley, Brittany (obviously not all the same age, though)

3 more weeks until my 6 weeks check up/ I can go to the gym... hopefully things will continue to heal. I still take ibuprofen daily. Diet will be starting soon... as soon as I eat all the left over cake, that is :)

Well, I gotta save some for her 1 month blog post! Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment