Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January updates

Toys spilled out all over the room, puffs sitting in a pile on her walker, diaper bag in the seat next to me... little things that remind me, long after she's gone to bed, that an adorable little girl lives here and she is mine.

I can't even begin to describe how much I love her! She learned to clap yesterday. She also loves to eat... wood, construction paper, and plastic... these are the things I have had to pry out of her mouth. I did not even realize how many things were on the floor until I see her crawling (almost) over to a speck and start grabbing at it with her hand. Sweeping and Vacuuming are becoming daily tasks.

I love watching her scoop up a whole hand of puffs, shoving them to her mouth, and managing to at least get one in.. sometimes two.

This week mommy started teaching two additional classes (Christian Growth 1 and Christian growth 2). I am so excited about these classes, but it is an adjustment being away from Kins 4 days now instead of 2. It is still just 2 hours, though. I KNOW this is God's heart for me. I have been praying for YEARS for a job in the ministry and FINALLY it has been answered. I know it is all HIS doing, because I am SO not qualified to be a teacher. I am so thankful for my students and I am so excited to see what God is going to do! He has made a way and I know He is going to do great things!

I met two women at the playground a week or two ago who had 2 year old girls. One put a note in my mailbox asking about getting together for a playdate... it was so thoughtful and kind! I'm excited about this "making-new-friends-because-we-both-have-kids" kinda thing :)




No comments:

Post a Comment