Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year

Definitely did not stay up even past 10pm on this New Years Eve haha. It was still a wonderful NYE spent with hubby and baby girl though!

My NY Resolution is to be a better homemaker... mainly in the cleaning and organizing area. It is SO hard to get EVERYTHING you want/need done. Especially when you throw in a baby, a hubby, a job, a hobby, and a budget. It is really hard to prioritize if you don't put your mind to it! I am probably going to need to be reminded about my resolution a million times, but who doesn't?

So far I have been on a decorating kick. I painted the foyer and today I'm painting the top of the stairs (we'll save the stair well for an experienced painter... any takers?!) haha. I'm working on a wall collage of frames, photos, etc. I have been shopping for little knick-knacks here and there to put on it. 

It is so refreshing seeing your house come together.

Hubby is enjoying his new job and working really hard. I am picking up two more classes at school starting in Feb, too, so the little extra money is so nice to be able to keep even the little things like toilet paper and paper towels in the house. I love picking up a nice dinner to make at the grocery store and an outfit for Kins during a sale.

I have lacked in the couponing, but I keep wanting to start up again. I ALWAYS think about getting a Sunday newspaper on MONDAY or Tuesday and then forget again by Sunday. So, finally, I remembered this Sunday so I hope to be a super saver again soon! Super Doubles are tomorrow BUT unfortunately my whole binder is pretty much full of expired coupons... so i'll be missing out on some great deals this time.

I can't even imagine what will be in store for this year! I had such a great year last year- Having a beautiful, healthy baby girl; a wonderful first year anniversary with the best hubby ever; landing my dream job doing kingdom work ministering to young girls at a private school; photography taking off including my first wedding shoot; my sister getting married; my grandparents celebrated their golden wedding anniversary; and SO MUCH MORE!

Hope all of you have a great start to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment