Friday, January 20, 2012

TUTUrial- DIY baby tutu

I found a yard or two of pink tulle in my craft box and thought hmmm I should try to see if I can make use of that for a tutu. I you-tubed a diy video, tweaked somethings, and tried it out. Here's the video:



I used a yd or 2 of tulle and a stretchy headband that sell for cheap at hobby lobby. The headbands I make normally have detachable bows, so I had lots of these in my craft drawer as well.

I started cutting my tulle into strips since i did not have the "kit" they mention in the tutorial.



 I got almost done and realized I was not going to have enough tulle. Luckily, I had a spool of white tulle I had bought 1/2 price at hobby lobby for about $2. I use it for various other crafts, but it was PERFECT for this tutu.


When I make another tutu, I will definitely plan on buying the spool, as it was MUCH easier to just fold and cut and not have to worry about the edges being perfectly straight. It went really fast once I switched to using that.

It took about 30 minutes at the most and my end result was this:



And of course I had to try it out on my little princess as SOON as she woke up from her nap!



I'm thinking about having a DIY tutu making party... perfect for moms, grandmas, friends, etc that want to quit paying $40+ for a tutu. Just bring $5 and all the supplies will be provided... what do y'all think? Leave a comment or message me on the idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment